Hal Cobb is the Senior Partner at Cobb Dill and Hammett, LLC and practices in the Corporate & Banking Division. He studied Accounting at The Citadel, graduating in 1992, and received his M.B.A. in finance from the University of South Carolina. After spending several years in the banking industry, Hal obtained his Graduate Degree in Banking from Louisiana State University and his J.D. from the Charleston School of Law.
Hal maintains a banking and corporate practice and has vast experience in federal and state banking regulatory matters, mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions, having successfully represented a wide variety of clients in state and federal court. While the majority of Hal’s practice is located in the Lowcountry, he has active cases throughout South Carolina and in Colorado, where he is also licensed. Outside of corporate and banking work, Hal has experience and works on large commercial real estate transactions and is active in litigation across the board.
Hal serves on the South Carolina Bar's Corporate, Banking & Securities Counsel and is an active member of the South Carolina Bar and Colorado Bar. He also volunteers for multiple organizations in the Lowcountry.
When not practicing law, Hal enjoys spending time with his three sons, Tyler, Alex, and Theo.
Areas Of Practice
- Corporate Law 25%
- Banking Regulation 25%
- Commercial Real Estate 25%
- Employment 15%
- Litigation 10%
- South Carolina, 2012
- Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2015
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina
- B.S. - 1992
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Business Administration
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- M.B.A. - 12/1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Louisiana State University - Graduate School of Banking, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Graduate Degree in Banking - 06/2003
- How to pass the Bar, Charleston School of Law, 2013
Honors and Awards
- Best Leadership Associate - First Reliance Bank
- Charleston Business Journal's "40 under 40"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Corporate, Banking & Securities Council, Chair Elect, 2013 to Present
- Charleston County Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Veterans on Deck - Fundraiser Chair, 2011 to 2013
- Underwriting analysis for financing