Ryan is a South Carolinian born and raised, hailing from Florence. He graduated from high school with an International Baccalaureate Diploma and then moved to Columbia to attend the University of South Carolina.
Ryan graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice in 2007. He moved to Charleston to attend the Charleston School of Law. While attending the Charleston School of Law, he was active in many organizations. He served as a Research Editor of the Charleston Law Review, President of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity, and Vice-President of the Student Bar Association. He earned CALI Awards for Excellence in Contracts, Civil Procedure, First Amendment with a focus on Free Speech, Sports Law, and Advanced Civil Procedure. In his last year of law school, he was recognized with the Michelle Robbins Award which is awarded to students who strive in academic excellence and public service. He graduated Cum Laude in 2013.
After law school, Ryan continued to work on the litigation team at the Anastopoulo Law Firm, the firm in which he interned during law school. During his tenure at the Anastopoulo Law Firm, he continued to learn the intricacies of litigation, and tried cases to verdict. He left the Anastopoulo Law Firm to join Cobb, Dill, & Hammett, the partners all of which he knew during law school. His area of focus includes personal injury, litigation, workers compensation, and criminal defense.
When he's not working, Ryan is an avid South Carolina Gamecocks fan and only misses home games when work requires.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury/WC/Car Wrecks/Civil Litigation 70%
- Criminal 30%
- South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2013
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.S. - 2007
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award: Civil Procedure, Contracts, First Amendment Seminar: Free Speech, Sports Law, Advanced Civil Procedure
- Michelle Robbins Award: Academic Excellence & Dedication to Public Service
- Student Bar Association Senator of the Year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member, 2013 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Anastopoulo Law Firm, Litigation Attorney, 2013 to 2014
- Anastopoulo Law Firm , Law Clerk, 2011 to 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- SC Criminal Appellant Practice Project, 2014 to Present
- Phi Delta Phi