William S. Hammett, Esq. is a native of South Carolina. He was born and raised in the small community of West Springs, in Union County. William has traveled extensively but he never strayed from his home for very long.
Mr. Hammett received his B.A. in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting and a Minor in Spanish from the University of South Carolina Upstate.
After college, Mr. Hammett moved to Charleston to obtain his JD from the Charleston School of Law. While obtaining his legal education, William worked as a law clerk, in the Energy Industry, and prior to moving to Charleston, William worked in the Student Housing Industry.
"I love fighting for my clients. Their cause is mine. Becoming an attorney was not fun, but I love being an attorney. In my spare time, I enjoy horseback riding and fishing the Cooper and Wando."
Mr. Hammett has served as a Managing Associate of Cobb, Smith & Frost Law Firm, and in December of 2013, the Cobb Dill & Hammett Law Firm was born when three professional friends decided to combine their efforts and create a new everyman law firm. "I want to build a firm that clients can maintain a relationship with for life."
Mr. Hammett is currently licensed to practice law in South Carolina, Georgia and the Federal Courts District of South Carolina.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law (Adoption, TRP, Custody, Support, Divorce, Name Change) 60%
- Criminal (non-DUI) 10%
- Defamation (Libel / Slander) 10%
- Administrative (Business Licensing, Beer & Wine, CWP Permits) 10%
- Criminal (DUI/DUAC) 10%
- South Carolina, 2012
- Georgia, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2015
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2012
- University of South Carolina Upstate, Spartanburg, South Carolina
- B.S. - 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network Affiliated Attorney, 2015 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Cobb Smith & Frost Law Firm, Managing Associate, 2012 to 2013
- Quanta Technology, Intern, 2010 to 2012