Michael grew up on a farm in south Georgia before attending law school at the Charleston School of Law where he fell in love with the Low country and decided to make it his home.
Before law school, Michael attended the University of Georgia. Due to a terrible experience with an insurance company while he was in college, Michael decided that he would make it his goal in life to represent the little guy in his fight against corporate insurance companies. Fortunately, the University of Georgia boasts one of the top-ranked Risk Management and Insurance Programs in the country and is the largest undergraduate program of its kind in the United States. Michael quickly took advantage of the insurance program with the idea that he would learn everything he could in order to use that knowledge against large insurance corporations.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree in business administration with a focus on risk management and insurance, Michael knew the next step was law school. During his three years in law school, Michael was very involved. He served as the associate managing editor of the Charleston Law Review, the president of the Trial Advocacy Board, and was champion of the Charleston School of Law’s Mock Trial Competition.
Before opening Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC, Michael worked for a small, boutique firm in Moncks Corner where he handled the firm’s entire personal injury caseload, giving him invaluable experience in that area of law practice. Michael loves fighting insurance companies on behalf of his clients.
When he’s not in the office or the courtroom, Michael likes to spend his time in the outdoors. He enjoys traveling, golfing and kayak fishing with his golden retriever, Buster.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 100%
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Fatal Vehicle Accidents
- South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2015
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.A. – 2009
- Major: Risk Management and Insurance
Honors and Awards
- Winner of Charleston School of Law’s Mock Trial Competition
- NAOPIA – Top 10 South Carolina Personal Injury Attorney Under the Age of 40, 2015
- AIOPIA – Top 10 South Carolina Personal Injury Attorney, 2016
Past Employment Positions
- J. Smith Lanier & Co., Claims Intern, 2008 to 2009
- Law Offices of William W. Peagler, III PA, Personal Injury Associate, 2012 to 2013