Criminal Law Attorneys In Charleston, South Carolina
Being accused or convicted of a crime is a frightening and life-altering experience. A criminal conviction can include significant financial consequences, along with the loss of freedom. The criminal justice system is highly complex, and an experienced South Carolina criminal law attorney can help ensure your legal rights remain protected during this critical time.
At Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC, our experienced criminal law attorneys have provided legal representation for a diverse range of clients accused of crimes in South Carolina. The implications of being convicted of a crime are far-reaching, impacting not only the convicted individual but also their family and loved ones. The importance of identifying a skilled and trustworthy attorney cannot be understated. As such, we seek to provide the highest quality legal counsel to individuals accused of crimes in South Carolina. Call us today at 843-936-6680 to learn more about how we can help ensure your rights are protected under the law.
Whom Do We Represent?
As a well-respected South Carolina law firm, we provide dedicated criminal defense representation to our clients. Criminal charges carry profound consequences, which necessitates visiting with an experienced criminal defense attorney who will defend you and understand your unique needs. We focus on representing clients who have been charged with the following crimes:
- Road violations: Title 56 of the South Carolina Code sets forth the legislation regarding motor vehicles and the different road violations that a person can be charged with. Such violations include driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI), driving with a suspended or revoked license, hit-and-run accidents, vehicular homicide, and reckless driving.
- Juvenile offenses: Governed by South Carolina Children’s Code, juvenile offenses refer to crimes committed by children under 18 years of age and can include a variety of criminal charges. Some of the common juvenile offenses we represent include theft, larceny, alcohol offenses, minor in possession, vandalism, criminal trespass, and assault. We represent minors who are facing criminal charges, helping preserve their future and ensure fair treatment within the court system.
As experienced criminal law attorneys, we have the skill and expertise necessary to represent clients across a diverse range of criminal charges. If you have been accused of a crime in South Carolina, it is necessary to worry about how these charges will impact your future, or your child’s future if your minor child is charged with a crime. At Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC, we take a client-centered approach and work to ensure that you feel safe, comfortable, and protected at every step.
I Have Been Charged with a Crime. Do I Need an Attorney?
If you or your child have been charged with a crime in South Carolina, our team at Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC can help you navigate a variety of issues, including the following:
- Discussing your charges and informing you of all available legal options
- Seeking release at a bail or bond hearing
- Ensuring that the prosecution offers all relevant evidence in the case
- Analyzing the evidence for weaknesses or points of contention
- Filing pretrial motions
- Negotiating with prosecutors to secure a plea agreement
- Litigating for our clients during trial, including selecting ideal jurors and advocating on behalf of our clients
- Handling post-conviction matters such as appeals, expungement matters, or motions for appropriate relief
If you have been charged with a crime, you may be wondering whether or not you need to hire an attorney. As an American citizen, you are automatically granted the right to legal representation when you have been charged with a crime. This is guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution.
Prosecutors want to win their cases, so they have a vested interest in securing convictions. An experienced criminal defense attorney in South Carolina understands when it is possible to avoid criminal charges or negotiate lesser charges in specific situations. The stakes are high in criminal cases, and the counsel of an experienced attorney is valuable to ensure your legal rights remain protected.
When you are charged with a crime, you are presented with several choices and options. Seeking counsel, helps ensure that you make educated decisions and avoid life-altering legal pitfalls.
Contact Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC Today
Being charged with a crime is an overwhelming experience. Working with an experienced criminal defense lawyer early in the process can potentially help you save time, money, and devastating consequences. We believe that every person deserves representation under the law, and our compassionate legal team will work diligently to secure outcomes that ensure our clients’ legal rights are protected.
At Cobb, Dill & Hammett, LLC, we communicate openly and directly with our clients, minimizing our case load to intentionally dedicate more time to each individual case. We provide skilled legal counsel and sincere advice so that accused individuals can make the most educated decisions for themselves and their families. You are not alone in this process. Call us at 843-936-6680 to speak with an experienced attorney today.